The ARCH Program provides support for Friends from NYYM in our journey of growing older as a community, grounded in love and care for one another. We do this through our network: Friends and staff who form a community of practice. We:
discuss advance directives
- worship at bedside/home
- provide a confidential listening ear
- make connections with local resources
- consider the spiritual opportunities that growing older bring us
ARCH: a network of mutual support.
- a caregiver for an older person
- a family member of an older person
- an older person yourself?
Then ARCH is for you. Contact us to make a connection with ARCH people in your area.
Join the ARCH network!
The ARCH Foundations Workshop is an introduction to the ARCH network: over 150 Friends in NYYM who form a community of practice. It is open to anyone in NYYM and NEYM who would like to connect with a network of resources and support for a ministry of caring for each other and ourselves as we grow older or are differently-abled.
Our four week Foundations Workshop is engaging, reflective, nourishing, informative, and fun. Please sign up today to participate!
Join an ARCH Group
Open and ongoing ARCH groups provide Zoom space to gather with peers for shared interest, reflection, and support. A list of current ARCH Groups, with registration, is available here.
Host an ARCH Workshop or Program
Are you a part of a NYYM Quaker meeting and looking for meaningful relevant and timely programming to share with your community? Invite ARCH to offer a workshop. A list of potential workshop topics is here, but presentations can be tailored to your community, group, and time frame.
Contact a Local Coordinator
The ARCH Program has 6 (very) part time Local Coordinators to connect Friends and Monthly Meetings to resources in the region. Email email@example.com to find out more!
Already a part of the ARCH Network?
Use the links below to
- Share your thoughts about ARCH
- Record your ARCH visit
- Record your workshop or presentation
- Submit expenses for reimbursement
- Invite workshop or presentation participants to offer feedback
Want to offer support?
Are you someone who appreciates the care and nurture of the ARCH program and would like to contribute to our ongoing ministry? Please consider how you can share your appreciation with others.
- Make a designated financial contribution to support the ARCH program
- Make a contribution to support the integrated ministries of New York Yearly Meeting
- Consider volunteering with the Committee on Aging Concerns if you have talents and time to share in the operations and stewardship of the ARCH program.
Do you have questions about ARCH? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Kevin Lovelady at (518) 212-7866
We are grateful to the Friends Foundation for the Aging for their continuing financial support of the ARCH Program