NYYM Reimbursement Vouchers
Requests for payment from the Yearly Meeting are made using a voucher. This includes reimbursements to individuals and payments to others. Vouchers serve two primary purposes. The first is to ensure that all the information needed to make the payment and enter it into our Yearly Meeting accounting system is present and clear. The second purpose is to create documentation for an audit. This is important for ensuring that our Yearly Meeting is accountable and transparent.
Forms used primarily by volunteers
- Formerly Nurture CC (Resource Library, Aging Concerns, JYM, Youth Committee, Reps to FUM, FGC, FWCC)
- General Services CC ( NYYM Officers, Development, Sessions, Mosher )
- Ministry CC (Place of Abundance, Parent Meetup, Facebook Project, Spiritual Nurture WG, TG Racism, Outreach WG, Conflict Transformation, Ministry & Pastoral Care, Bible Study / Worship @ Sessions, Pastor's Conference, Stevens, Sufferings, Visitation )
- Witness CC
- Meeting for Discernment
- Volunteer Travel
- Designated Funds ( Lindley Murray, York, Meetinghouses & Properties, Meeting Visitation, Stevens, Sufferings, Trustee Resierve, Young Friends Activity )
Forms used primarily by staff
- Travel Form - Used when receipts are not available, such as when documenting odometer readings. An "Office" voucher is still needed.
- Children & Youth Field Secretary
The best way to submit is by email but regular postal mail is OK. Send the voucher and supporting documentation as an email attachment or on paper to the person who needs to approve it. If submitting by email, copy the email to email@example.com.
Each voucher must be approved by an appropriate person. Usually this is the clerk of the relevant committee or, for staff, the supervisor. If submitting by email and the email was copied to firstname.lastname@example.org, the person approving can simply "Reply All" with their indication of approval.
Vouchers are ususally processed twice a month and it takes about two weeks from the submission due date until checks are mailed. The calendar below shows submission due dates and the date the checks are expected to be mailed. When most checks are mailed, the calendar is updated to indicate the day they were mailed.